Peugeot 208 GTI 1.6T – Stage 2
The addition of an intercooler kit and a full exhaust system brings more power from the THP200 engine. Both of them are necessary. The intercooler to control intake air temperatures, as the stock unit is very small. And the exhaust to improve flow after the turbo and make it more efficient at the same boost levels.
- 98RON fuel
- Upgraded intercooler. This car had a front mount intercooler kit from Airtec.
- Upgraded exhaust. This one was a full 2.5″ exhaust system from Scorpion Exhausts. You can find links to both products at the end of this post.
- Stage 2 ECU remap
- Maximum Power: 239 PS (measured 210 PS as stock)
- Maximum Torque: 390 Nm (measured 325 Nm as stock)
Upgrading to Stage2 from the stock map with FlasherTHP
The process is very simple and can be seen in detail in the instructional video here:
- FlasherTHP – more information
- Airtec cooling – Front mount intercooler for the Peugeot 208 GTI
- Scorpion Exhausts – Peugeot 208 GTI 2.5″ system