Mini Cooper S R56 1.6T 184hp (2012) Automatic gearbox – Stage 1 95RON
The newest 1.6 Turbo engine in the Mini Cooper S R56 1.6T 184hp facelift features a valvetronic cylinder head and variable cam timing on the intake and the exhaust cam shaft. Although it uses the same turbocharger unit as pre-facelift models, it produces more power with ease because of the technological advancements in the cylinder head. Together with an excellent automatic gearbox, this new Mini drives fantastic.
Technical details about the remap
The stage 1 ECU remap for this generation of engines contains the following modifications:
- Fueling, to make things safer and eliminate low rpm knocking due to lean AFR
- Ignition, to improve efficiency at mid/high rpm
- Turbocharging, to gain power by increasing boost. While at the same time, providing safety for the automatic gearbox.
- Variable cam timing and valvelift modifications, to improve airflow across the cylinder head. By adding these tweaks the engine produces more power at lower boost levels.
- Torque remains within reasonable limits of increase to protect the automatic gearbox from excessive strain. Emphasis is given for maintaining torque at good levels all the way up to the rev limiter, in order for the engine to produce more power.
- 95RON fuel
- Stage 1 ECU remap
- Automatic gearbox friendly
- Maximum horsepower: 215 PS (measured 179 PS stock on dyno), gains 36PS
- Maximum torque: 350 Nm (measured 275 Nm on dyno), gains 75 Nm
Shoutouts to Etuners Russia