This tiny little 3 cylinder Ecoboost engine from Ford caught our eye immediately, for being a little bit low on power. Or at least was, at first glance.
When the car measured a bit less than 125bhp stock with an upgraded Cold Air intake kit and full exhaust, the owner was devastated.
As we soon found out, the upgraded parts work fantastically well when the ECU is tuned. Or the stock map will slightly turn down power, sensing upgraded parts on the engine.
The little engine’s performance after the tune blew us away: 161bhp with fantastic torque gains up to the rev limiter. The car feels so much better to drive.
- 98RON fuel
- Upgraded full exhaust with a sports cat – #GPExhaust
- Forge Cold air Intake kit
- #Etuners Stage2 ECU remap
- Maximum engine power: 161.3hp (measured 118.7hp stock with upgraded parts), gains 43hp
- Maximum engine torque: 199.9 ft*lbs (measured 153.2ft*lbs stock with upgraded parts), gains 46 ft*lbs