Many 207 owners upgrade their turbos with bigger wheels, to make them more efficient and powerful. The following upgrade stage combines Upgraded camshafts (boubiscams) with a JCW compressor wheel on the turbo. The owner wanted to have different boost levels available: Low boost for daily driving and high boost for performance.
This was done by installing a traditional boost controlled wastegate on the turbo instead of the stock vacuum controlled unit. A manual boost controller now gives the owner the capability of increasing or decreasing boost and the ECU remap allows that to happen without check-engine lights and faults.
- Manual boost controller, combined with a traditional boost-controlled wastegate
- Upgraded intercooler
- Upgraded full exhaust
- Hybrid turbo with a JCW compressor wheel on stock 207 RC turbo
- Boubiscams – upgraded camshafts
- Etuners Stage4 remap, tested at 1.5bar overboost, dropping to 1.2bar at the rev limiter
- We strongly recommend upgraded pistons and connecting rods for this stage
- This upgrade is available via FlasherTHP
- Maximum flywheel horsepower: 282 hp @ 5500rpm (203hp @ 6250rpm on wastegate boost)
- Maximum flywheel torque: 303 ft*lbs @ 4650rpm (215 ft*lbs @ 3450rom on wastegate boost)
Please note that the addition of upgraded camshafts greatly improves the available power range. From 4500rpm up to 6900rpm the engine produces more than 250bhp, with a maximum of 282bhp at 5500rpm. At 3500rpm it is already producing 150bhp, exceeding by far the stock performance everywhere above that.