Citroen recently decided to separated one of its product lines and make it into a brand by itself. DS is the new brand that came out of this process.
Among the most powerful of its Lilliputian kind is the 3-cylinder Puretech130 engine in this beautiful cabriolet.
It began life completely stock but soon started to transform into the most well equipped 1.2THP we have seen to the day.
The list of modifications is very extensive. The intercooler was upgraded to a fully front mounted one. The exhaust was upgraded to a much bigger one, with a high flow catalytic converter. A much better cold air intake kit was installed too, together with an upgraded blowoff valve. On our dyno, with all these parts installed and stock ECU firmware it made 153hp, which is shocking. Stock puretech130 cars usually make exactly that: 130hp, engine power.
A custom #Etuners Stage2 ecu remap was calibrated and power rose to 171hp. Power-wise, this DS3 is beginning to resemble the Peugeot 207RC quite a lot. But with a considerably smaller engine!
- 98RON fuel
- Upgraded cold air intake kit
- Upgraded intercooler
- Upgraded full exhaust with sports cat
- Upgraded blowoff valve
- Etuners custom Stage2 ECU remap for Valeo VD46
- Maximum engine power: 171hp (measured stock with upgraded parts at 153hp) gains 18hp
- Maximum engine torque: 229 ft*lbs (measured stock with upgraded parts at 200ft*lbs), gains 29ft*lbs