Audi S3 2.0 TFSI Loba LO500 (EA113)
You know it has to be something special when a 2.5 TFSI turbo kit is used on a 2.0 TFSI engine. Big turbo upgrades are always challenging on the 2.0 TFSI EA113 platforms, but this combination provides excellent results. This upgrade follows the same principle behind the TTRS stock turbo kit on 2.0 TFSI engines.
How to fit?
Because 2.5 TFSI engines have 5 cylinders instead of 4 on our 2.0 TFSI, one of the manifold runners must be removed and sealed for the turbo to fit. A custom downpipe needs to be fabricated and the boost pipes adapted to the new setup. The Audi S3 2.0 TFSI Loba LO500 makes use of this fantastic turbo, with one cylinder less. It is a custom upgrade at its best.
Boost control is done by the stock Bosch MED9 ECU without any problems.
- 98RON fuel
- LOBA LO500/LO500P turbo
- Cold air intake kit
- Upgraded full exhaust
- Upgraded intercooler
- Upgraded high pressure fuel pump
- RS4 fuel injectors and RS4 Pressure relief valve for the fuel rail
- For reliable performance above 450PS, upgraded engine internals (pistons and connecting rods) are strongly recommended.
- Using 98RON fuel, the turbo outputs around 485 PS (flywheel power).
- Using 101RON fuel, performance climbs up to 550+ PS. Alternatively, 98RON + water methanol injection can be used to boost the performance instead of octane additives.
For DSG equipped models, a Stage3 DSG remap is necessary to increase clutch clamping force via oil pressure. The torque generated by this turbo can make the clutches slip on a stock gearbox.
Online resources for the LOBA LO500 turbo
- LOBA Motorsport: http://www.loba-motorsport.com
- LOBA LO500P review: http://www.vagoc.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=12345&showall=1
For more crazy projects on the Audi S3 2.0 TFSI 8P, you can have a look at the related category on our website too!