Posted November 23, 2019 by Stelios Alexandrakis 5858 0
Switching to ethanol based fuels always brings great power gains. E85 is available at gas stations in Australia, so we thought we should experiment with converting a regular 98ron gasoline car into E85 via remapping.
We had this beautiful 6R as development for map switching and we tested/tuned it on full E85 fuel with very promising results. We overlayed this run with another completely stock Mk6R as reference. Peak power is up to 232awkw but the best part is mid range saw 100+awkw and holding it nicely through the rev range.
- E85 fuel, Australian specs
- Upgraded cold air intake kit
- Upgraded intake manifold from IE
- Upgraded full exhaust
- Upgraded hpfp
- Custom Etuners Stage2 for E85 with map switching
- Maximum power at the wheels: 232.4wkw (measured stock at 143.7wkw on 98RON)
Big shoutouts to IT Mechanical for helping us with the development!