TheTurboEngineers have developed an awesome hybrid turbo called TTE470. Following their naming conventions, it means that the turbo is meant to produce 470bhp at the flywheel. Not bad, specially if you want a stock-looking but big power solution for your stock engine. It also fits the following models:
- Seat Leon Cupra 5F / MK3 2.0 TSI
- Audi S3 8V2.0 TSI
- VW Golf 7 GTI2.0 TSI
- VW Golf 7R 2.0 TSI
- Skoda Octavia VRS A7 2.0 TSI
- Skoda Superb VRS 2.0 TSI 4×4
Because the turbo is a direct bolt-on solution to the IS38 or IS20 or IS12, you can also use it on their smaller siblings, with the 1.8 TSI Gen3 EA888 engine.
Thanks to John, who installed it on his Cupra, we had an excellent chance to test it on Statller Power Developments’ rolling road dyno. When installed, this is what the turbo looks like. You can barely tell it apart from an IS38!
- 98RON fuel
- TTE470 turbocharger
- Upgraded exhaust
- Etuners Stage3 ECU remap for TTE470
- Etuners Stage3 DSG remap for TTE470
- Maximum flywheel horsepower: 472hp
- Maximum flywheel torque: 420 ftLb
Many thanks to John and to Statller Power for trusting us with the car and premises for the development of the remap.