BMW 640i F12 – Stage 2 98RON
The BMW 640i F12 uses the N55B30O0 engine. It produces 235Kw (=322hp) at the flywheel based on the manufacturer’s claims. The engine is controlled by a Bosch MED17 ECU, hidden deep inside the engine bay. To get the best performance out of it with the minimal hardware modifications, an upgraded downpipe is strongly recommended. Reduced backpressure from the exhaust system brings more performance and slightly lowers fuel consumption on daily driving.
Tuning the BMW 640i is an extremely difficult task because handling its engine ECU needs to be done with very big caution. It is positioned next to the throttle valve, under the intake manifold and it takes a lot of effort to remove, reflash and and reinstall.
Remapping the ECU firmware is no easy task either because the calibration software from BMW is very complicated and protective against tuning. But with the diagnostic and reflashing assistance from Etuners in Krasnodar and A2 Performance, after a whole day at the dyno, we got a very good result.
- Improved torque and hp via elevated boost pressure, proper AFR and ignition modifications
- Direct torque response from the throttle pedal, torque limitations removed
- Exhaust pops at throttle off
- For off road/racing use only: Vmax delete and decat mods
- 98RON fuel
- Upgraded downpipe
- Etuners Stage 2 ECU remap
- Maximum wheel horsepower: 330 whp (390hp flywheel) , gains 33whp over stock
- Maximum wheel torque: 526 wNm (445wNm as stock), gains 80Nm at the wheels
Shoutouts to Etuners in Krasnodar and A2 Performance! Thank you guys!
I have a 2012 bmw 640i coupe and I was wondering what my performance gains would be with the stage 1 and the stage 2amd the price